Final Comprehensive Script

 Delaney Cook

Title: ISTE Standards

VIDEO
AUDIO
In this column, write what kind of shot (LS, MS, CU, etc.) & describe what they viewer is seeing.
Ex:
MS: Reporter standing in front of green screen.
In this column, write exactly what sounds the viewer hears.  If it is someone speaking, ID the person speaking.
Ex.
Narrator: Welcome to NewTube…
For natural sound, write Nat Sound.
Ex.
Nat Sound: Saws and power drills

-It is a personal belief and value of mine that every human on this earth has a desire to learn. Whether they wish to learn the content of textbooks or the ways of the world is not important to me. However, what is important is that students are constantly encouraged to find their own sense of discovery. This is important so that school doesn’t feel like rote memorization, an exercise in accepting boredom, or purposeless. It is my deeply held conviction that we are all capable of finding joy in learning when learning feels intrinsic. 
- To me technology integration does not mean turning students over to technology and relying on the technology to provide the teaching. However, it could mean valuably incorporating a technological component into an already stellar lesson in order to enhance it. 
-I would like to use technology in my future classroom in a way that feels relevant and meaningful to my students without being a distraction. I think technology can help, but it can also hurt if not managed properly.


Myself talking

-There are seven ISTE standards, all of which serve to help teachers become masters of technology themselves to then utilize technology to further student learning. 
-The first ISTE standard is the learner. Which to me means that educators are continually working to improve our knowledge of technology since it is constantly changing, advancing, and becoming more and more relevant within the lives of our students. I see myself doing the heavy lifting of accomplishing this standard outside the classroom. I will need to do my research and engage with new technologies to then bring them into my class. You cannot teach what you do not know.
Myself talking

-The second ISTE standard is to be a leader. To be a leader within the context of the ISTE standards means to empower students with technology. Technology is a powerful platform and many of our students already know this because they are inundated with technology daily and interact with one another and the world through multiple social media platforms. Students these days see being a social media influencer as a potentially lucrative career. Therefore, I see my responsibility as an educator as one to teach students how to interact with technology in ways that empower them instead of hurt them.


Myself talking

-That idea directly leads into the third ISTE standard that being, educators encourage students to become positive digital citizens cognizant of their actions and repercussions of their actions online. I want to make this topic huge to my students. They need to know that they way they portray themselves on social media will impact them later in life. I plan to curricularize this topic and bring it about in my classroom by talking to fifth graders about apps like: Instagram, Snapchat, Tiktok, and the like.


Myself talking

-The fourth ISTE standard is one of collaboration. It calls for educators to share and learn about other resources from colleagues and students alike. I see using collaboration in my classroom through the use of Google classroom and Google drive. I can share resources with fellow colleagues through Google drive and have students check homework, upload assignments, and communicate with my online through our shared Google classroom. I also see Google classroom as a great platform to communicate with parents. 


Myself talking

-The fifth ISTE standard for educators is to be a designer. To curate and cultivate authentic learning activities for students that are differentiated to accommodate various learning abilities. When I think about incorporating the designer standard into my curriculum my first thought is virtual reality. By creating tours teachers have the ability to create unique, authentic, relevant, and exciting learning opportunities for kids. In my BME 430 class this semester a peer took us on a virtual reality tour of an Etheopian village to discover how hard it is for the village’s citizens to gather water. Not only was this experience educational it was extremely powerful to highlight issues such as social justice, water rights, and social/economic privilege.


Myself talking

-The sixth ISTE standard is one of a facilitator. Teachers must curate educational experiences having to do with technology in which students are the doers and we are the facilitators. This means we must first begin by modeling appropriate use of technology and demonstrating computational thinking ourselves before we step into the role of facilitator versus teacher.


Myself talking

-Lastly, our charge as a teacher is to be an analyst. This applies to teaching in all subjects. We must formatively assess our student’s learning throughout our teaching then adjust our curriculum accordingly. 


Myself talking

-Teachers are always learning and always striving to improve their professional practice. The ISTE standards for educators are a reminder of our charge to keep learning in the technological realm to become better students, educators, and teachers. 


Myself talking

Comments

Popular Posts